Supporting and uniting composers worldwide
NEWS FROM THE FUNDTHE VILLA OF COMPOSERS
24 May 2023, WEBSITE
'Hommage à Molière' Call for scores:
- End of the first session 'Call for scores' as of May 15. The new scores created are well received; we thank the composers for their work and participation.
- A second session is now open for new participants until September 15, 2023. For all works (session 1 and 2) received, the scores selection will be organized at the end of September. Please see opposite.
An extension of the 'Hommage à Molière' regulations will be published on the website as soon as possible.
CONCERTS & MUSICAL EVENTSUPCOMING EVENTS
Quick preview / schedule and events:
- Wednesday, July 12, 2023: registration deadline for the 2nd session,
- Friday, September 15, 2023: deadline of the 2nd session of scores collection,
- Friday, September 29, 2023: sight-reading/discover performance with the quartet (*),
- Early October 2023: selection of works entering the Collection,
- Sunday January 14, 2024: 1st recorded concert of works from the Collection (*).
(*) at the Studio de lOrchestre national dÎle-de-France (petite salle)
LAST, BUT NOT LEASTCONCERTS, EVENTS AND MORE
12 June 2023, PARIS
Annual Board of Directors, meeting
24 March 2023, MEUDON, Studio
- 22 November 2016 / Villa Tesoriera resumption Programme: four-hands piano second recording session with Marc Lys and Claude Collet, part 2
2 February 2023, Le Cloître ouvert, PARIS
New Years Ceremony / private event with the Quatuor Lontano string quartet
9 December 2022, MEUDON, Studio
- 22 November 2016 / Villa Tesoriera resumption Programme: four-hands piano second recording session with Marc Lys and Claude Collet, part 1
18 November 2022, WEBSITE
- Quatuor Lontano's Call for score, full details in French
- Quatuor Lontano's Call for score, full details in Italian
THE MUSICAL WORKS FUND& TOMORROW'S ARTISTIC HERITAGE
Every six months, the data in the Funds digital library and the catalogues is harvested by the National Library of France (BnF).
This honours the commitment made by the Fund at its inauguration at the Palazzo Farnese on 5 July 2012 in Rome, following which we received the patronage of the French Ministry of Culture:
(...) The digitisation of cultural heritage is one of the priorities of the Ministry of Culture and Communication. Your project contributes to this aim by promoting the physical and digital preservation of musical works from across the world. Moreover, the partnerships that you are establishing with libraries reflect my ministrys desire to strengthen international cultural exchanges. (...)
STATISTICSFOR THE CENTRAL CATALOGUE
On Wed, 24 May 2023 19:09:12 +0200, the database of the catalogues of composers who are members of and affiliated to the Villa of Composers, contains:
- 80 composers registered to the Villa of Composers,
- 40 composer catalogues,
- 2069 documented works,
- 458 hours 8 min. of music for documented works.
On Wed, 17 May 2023 17:24:24 +0200, the directory of the Living Composers Project contains:
- 4674 composer entries,
- 502 composer catalogues,
- 99 countries.