Catalogue for Marco Quagliarini
Composer member of the Villa of Composers; See Rules of Procedure for the Fund [Link]
NEWSTHE VILLA OF COMPOSERS
- News unavailable
BIOGRAPHYTHE VILLA OF COMPOSERS
Marco Quagliarini, pianist and composer, was born in Torre del Greco (Naples). At a very young age he studied the piano under Marino Mercurio, with whom he later gained a diploma with full marks and distinction at the "Nicola Sala" Music Conservatory in Benevento. He went on to study with the well-known Russian pianist Lazar Berman, and followed numerous master classes held by the pianist and his wife Valentina, finally concluding his studies at the Accademia Musicale in Florence.
He first studied composition under Gaetano Panariello, with whom he gained a diploma in Choral Music and Choral Conducting.
He went on to gain a diploma in Composition in the class of Ivan Vandor at the Conservatory of S. Cecilia in Rome and subsequently obtained the second level Diploma Accademico in Composition, with full marks and distinction, under Gianpaolo Chiti and Matteo D'Amico.
In 2009 he gained full marks in the Advanced Diploma at the Accademia di Santa Cecilia in the composition class held by Ivan Fedele, being awarded the prestigious "Goffredo Petrassi" prize by the President of the Republic. In the same year he was one of the three finalists in the Santa Cecilia International Composition Competition in Rome.
His works are performed by several ensembles among which the most important are "Algoritmo", "Contempoartensemble", Dèdalo ensemble, "Freon Ensemble" and Imagosonora.
In 2010 he received a prestigious commission from the Accademia Filarmonica Romana for a piece for orchestra.
In 2012 the Orchestra Nazionale della Rai of Turin has given the first world performance of his composition Events for large orchestra in the season Rai NuovaMusica.
In 2015 he received an important commission of a composition for ensemble from the Amùr (musical associations in the network).
In 2016 he published for "Aracne editrice" the method of musical composition Costruire la musica.
His works are published by Edizioni Suvini Zerboni-SugarMusic S.p.A.
E-mail address: [e-mail]
- The Villa of Composers / qm3t-3444 / a-1409
- Document revised: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 11:47:40 +0100
Generated by The Villa of Composers® engine:
Fri, 27 Mar 2020 11:47:40 +0100
LIST OF WORKSTHE VILLA OF COMPOSERS
- 0002 Couples for Flaute, Clarinet, Violin, Cello; 8 min., Ed. Suvini Zerboni, qm3t-3444-CCN0002, 2008
- 0003 Foxtrott From the Rubble for Sax soprano, Violin, Viola, Cello; 6 min., Unpublished, qm3t-3444-CCN0003, 2009
- 0005 Zone I for Flaute, Clarinet, Violin, Cello, Piano; 14 min., Ed. Suvini Zerboni, qm3t-3444-CCN0005, 2010
- 0006 Zone II for Flaute, Clarinet, Piano, Percussion, String Quartet; 15 min., Ed. Suvini Zerboni, qm3t-3444-CCN0006, 2011
- 0007 Zone III for Wind Quintet, Piano and Percussion; 16 min., Ed. Suvini Zerboni, qm3t-3444-CCN0007, 2011
- 0016 Three Couples for Flaute, Clarinet, Piano, Percussion, Viola, Cello; 13 min.50, Ed. Suvini Zerboni, qm3t-3444-CCN0016, 2014
- 0017 Riflesso for Violin, Viola, Cello, Clarinet; 14 min., Ed. Suvini Zerboni, qm3t-3444-CCN0017, 2015
- 0018 Dal nero del tempo for Flaute, Clarinet, English horn, Piano, Percussion, Violin, Viola, Cello; 14 min., Ed. Suvini Zerboni, Opera commissionata dalla rete associazioni Amùr, qm3t-3444-CCN0018, 2016
- 0019 Dal buio for Quartetto d'archi; 18 min., Edizioni Suvini Zerboni, Prima esecuzione tenuta dai Nous Quartett al Festival dei due mondi di Spoleto il 12 luglio 2017, qm3t-3444-CCN0019, 2016
- 0012 Ricercare for Piano Solo; 17 min., Ed. Suvini Zerboni, qm3t-3444-CCN0012, 2013
- 0014 Ricercare III for Violin Solo; 13 min., Ed. Suvini Zerboni, Dedicato alla violinista Rebecca Raimondi, qm3t-3444-CCN0014, 2015
- 0015 Movimento for Piano solo; 10 min.20, Ed. Suvini Zerboni, Opera commissionata dall'Ass. Nuova Consonanza, qm3t-3444-CCN0015, 2014
- 0013 Ricercare II for Violin and Piano; 20 min., Ed. Suvini Zerboni, Dedicated to Pavel Berman, qm3t-3444-CCN0013, 2014
- 0011 5 Poesie di E.Dickinson for Soprano and Ensemble; 24 min., Ed. Suvini Zerboni, qm3t-3444-CCN0011a, 2013
- 0011 5 Poesie di E.Dickinson for Soprano and Orchestra; 24 min., Ed. Suvini Zerboni, qm3t-3444-CCN0011b, 2014
- 0001 Events for Full Orchestra; 18 min., Ed. Suvini Zerboni, First performance Orchestra Nazionale della RAI, qm3t-3444-CCN0001, 2010
- 0004 Events Two for Concerto for Piano and Orchestra; 20 min., Unpublished, The orchestra is divided into two formations, qm3t-3444-CCN0004, 2012
- 0009 Events Three for Full Orchestra; 20 min., Unpublished, The orchestra is divided into three formations, qm3t-3444-CCN0009, 2011
- 0010 Variazioni for Chamber Orchestra; 16 min., Unpublished, qm3t-3444-CCN0010, 2013
DISCOGRAPHYTHE VILLA OF COMPOSERS
- Concert Villa Tesoriera 31 May 2017 CD-Audio Archives, The Villa of Composers, VDC-B71012 Recording , 2017
- Riflesso Dèdalo ensemble, Direttore Vittorio Parisi, Soprano Ljuba Bergamelli, Stradivarius, STR 37052 , 2017
MUSIC LIBRARIESTHE VILLA OF COMPOSERS
- Aracne editrice Costruire la musica, 2016