Catalogue for Christophe Guyard
Permanent composer member of the Collegio musicale and founder; See Rules of Procedure for the Fund [Link]
NEWSTHE VILLA OF COMPOSERS
Sun, 26 June 2016 Abbaye du Mont-Saint-Michel (Normandie) - Mass - Abbey mass 11.15am - "IV-Toccata", Christophe Guyard organist:
- 0107 Quatre Métamorphoses; Grand-orgue
Tue, 7 June 2016 Paris, Town Hall in the 5th arrondissement - "Gala de la Finance" Creation and live performance:
- 0107 Quatre Métamorphoses; Grand-orgue
Sun, 15 May 2016 Abbaye du Mont-Saint-Michel (Normandie) - Mass - Abbey mass 11.15am - "Veni creator", Christophe Guyard organist:
- 0104 L'Office du Mont-Saint-Michel; grand-orgue
BIOGRAPHYTHE VILLA OF COMPOSERS
Christophe Guyard was born in Rennes in 1966. He studied piano with Pierre Froment and composition with Franz Tournier. He was fascinated by the major 20th-century composers; with the support of his teachers, he met Olivier Messiaen during concerts at Rennes Opera House and presented the organ manuscript "Trilogie 15" to him, upon which the great composer recommended that he study in Paris.
In 1984 he was admitted to the Paris Conservatoire (CNSM), then directed by Marc Bleuse, and attended classes taught by Jacques Castérède for Analysis, Marius Constant for Orchestration and Claude Ballif for Composition. During this time he officiated as organist at the Abbey of Mont-Saint-Michel (from 1985 to 1995), where he was particularly marked by the exceptional and inspiring presence of Prior Bruno de Senneville.
While at the CNSM, Christophe Guyards compositions were commissioned for recording and broadcast by Radio France. He was also a resident for a short time at the Siena Accademia Musicale Chigiana, and for three years at IRCAM, directed by Pierre Boulez, as a CNSM researcher specialising in Analysis. Exposed to the world of computer methods at IRCAM, he submitted a thesis entitled "Computer-assisted composition techniques".
In 1986, the City of Rennes awarded him the music composition prize for his "Concerto dYs" for piano and orchestra. He obtained four premiers prix at the CNSM, for Orchestration (1985), Analysis (1986), Composition (1986) and Research in Analysis (1987).
Several of his chamber and instrumental works, including "Voyager III", 3 Sonatas for piano, "Alchimie", and "Phénix" for pipe organ, appeared in print, published by Billaudot.
The year 1989 saw him compose "Trans-Sidéral", a commission for the string sextet of the French National Orchestra.
From 1989 to 1996, he held the post of Director at the Conservatoire in Albertville, where he wrote a number of pieces for student ensembles. For the Albertville Winter Olympics in 1992, he wrote and directed the "Symphonie des Jeux", a joint project for the Annecy, Albertville and Grenoble Conservatoires.
From 1997, he started composing works on commission for concerts ("Le Livre de voyage à New-York") and major shows. In May 1998, the Council of Europe commissioned him to write a new version of the European anthem on the theme of Beethovens "Ode to Joy". This led to the work "Rhapsodie sur lHymne Européen" for full orchestra, along with various instrumental versions. Several recordings were released by the Council of Europe, including the version for piano (Thierry Huillet, piano), a first version for symphony orchestra (conducted by Alfred Herzog) and a second version with the German Radio Orchestra (SWR) (conducted by Roland Kluttig).
It was at this time that he made the acquaintance of various producers of sound and light shows held at historical monuments, for whom he wrote a number of original works, and he gradually became more and more involved in the field of multimedia project design and production (the "Grottes de Baume Obscure" and Clamouse caves, the "Cathédrale dimages" in Baux-de-Provence, the Church of Hérémence and the castles in Sion). These permanent spectacles are admired by audiences ranging from a few dozen to hundreds of thousands each year.
Guyard turned to lyrical works with "Valère et la lumière des étoiles" in 2001, with the support of the great violinist Tibor Varga in Sion, and "Fortitudo" (recorded at the Métropole concert hall in Lausanne in 2006). His works have been recorded with internationally renowned artists, including Brigitte Fournier, Brigitte Balleys and Stephan Imboden, and at high-level technical facilities such as orchestral venues, the Tibor Varga Studio and a concert hall (recording directed by Swiss radio station RSR).
His technical knowledge in computer engineering enabled him to create his own IT systems for directing and broadcasting his shows; his most prominent permanent work is undoubtedly "Sion en lumières" in Valais, Switzerland, since 2004.
In 2009, he combined his various technical skills to launch the "Virtual Personal Organ" concept, a console for use with real or pre-recorded organs. This instrument is now the basis for his pipe organ works.
In 2010, with fellow composer Marc Lys, he founded the "Villa des compositeurs" committee, with branches in Paris, in Turin and in Rome, to promote composers' works within the world's most prestigious libraries.
- The Villa of Composers / gc6r-2733 / a-1409
- Document revised: Sun, 17 Jul 2016 12:44:53 +0200
Generated by The Villa of Composers® engine:
Sun, 17 Jul 2016 12:44:54 +0200
LIST OF WORKSTHE VILLA OF COMPOSERS
- 0016 Voyager III for Vl Cl Piano; 12 min., Editions Billaudot, gc6r-2733-CCN0016, 1985
- 0035 Les Lois séraphiques for Cl Piano; 4 min.50, Editions Billaudot, gc6r-2733-CCN0035, 1986
- 0045 Trans-Sidéral for 2Vl 2A 2Vlc; 20 min.35, copie à réaliser, gc6r-2733-CCN0045, 1989
- 0072 1re Sonate pour Violon & Piano for Violon, Piano; 22 min.30, fichier Finale, gc6r-2733-CCN0072, 1993
- 0084 Concerto pour violon for Violon, Piano; 11 min., fichier Finale, gc6r-2733-CCN0084a, 1996
- 0001 Trilogie 15 for Grand-orgue; 15 min., manuscrit, gc6r-2733-CCN0001, 1982
- 0005 Fable impromptue for Piano solo; 3 min.10, Unpublished, from Préludes-impressions (album), gc6r-2733-CCN0005, 1983
- 0009 Phénix for Grand-orgue; 18 min., Editions Billaudot, gc6r-2733-CCN0009, 1984
- 0012 Sonate Passions for Piano; 17 min., fichier Finale, gc6r-2733-CCN0012, 1984
- 0025 2e sonate pour Piano for Piano; 9 min.45, Editions Billaudot, gc6r-2733-CCN0025, 1986
- 0028 1re Sonate pour Piano for Piano; 7 min.30, Editions Billaudot, gc6r-2733-CCN0028, 1984
- 0029 3e Sonate pour Piano for Piano; 11 min.30, Editions Billaudot, gc6r-2733-CCN0029, 1986
- 0031 Alchimie - 10 pièces for Piano; 25 min., Editions Billaudot, gc6r-2733-CCN0031, 1986
- 0032 Le Livre de Colombe (album) for Grand-orgue; 31 min., Unpublished, 1-Rorate caeli, 2-Puer natus, 3-De profundis, 4-O Filii, 5-Te Deum, 6-Salve regina, gc6r-2733-CCN0032a, 2014
- 0036 4e Sonate pour Piano for Piano; 24 min., manuscrit, gc6r-2733-CCN0036, 1987
- 0043 Aquila for Grand-orgue; 17 min., manuscrit, gc6r-2733-CCN0043, 1988
- 0070 Livre d'orgue 1993 (album) for Grand-orgue; 22 min., fichier Finale, Prélude en Ut, 1er Choral-Fantaisie, 2ème Choral-Fantaisie, Fond d'Orgue, Toccata en duo, gc6r-2733-CCN0070, 1993
- 0074 Toccata, 7 Préludes & Fugues (album) for Piano; 41 min., fichier Finale, gc6r-2733-CCN0074, 1994
- 0083 Orgue obscur for Grand-orgue; 23 min.13, fichier Finale, gc6r-2733-CCN0083, 1996
- 0087 Fantaisie sur Visions, Jugement et Résurrection for Grand-orgue; 16 min., fichier Finale, gc6r-2733-CCN0087, 1997
- 0090 Rhapsodie sur lHymne Européen for Piano; 6 min.35, fichier Finale, gc6r-2733-CCN0090a, 1998
- 0090 Rhapsodie sur lHymne Européen for Grand-orgue; 6 min.35, fichier Finale, gc6r-2733-CCN0090b, 2001
- 0102 Fantasia for Piano; 7 min., fichier Finale, gc6r-2733-CCN0102, 2012
- 0103 Il giardino della Villa di Livia for Flûte; 6 min.10, fichier Finale, gc6r-2733-CCN0103, 2012
- 0104 L'Office du Mont-Saint-Michel for grand-orgue; 31 min., Unpublished, Veni Creator - Postlude - Benignitatem - Laudabo - Pax vobiscum - Paraphrase sur Te Deum - Illuminet - Acclamationes, gc6r-2733-CCN0104, 2015
- 0105 5e Sonate pour Piano for Piano; 8 min.20, Unpublished, Commande pour le XXVIe Concours International de Piano d'Epinal, 2017 www.concours-international-piano-epinal.org, gc6r-2733-CCN0105, 2016
- 0106 Un matin de Sonate for Piano solo; 3 min., Unpublished, Préludes-impressions album, gc6r-2733-CCN0106, 2016
- 0107 Quatre Métamorphoses for Grand-orgue; 9 min.20, Unpublished, I-Fantaisie (2:46) created during the Funding Gala with First Finance / 7 June 2016 / Paris Town Hall in the 5th arrondissement, II-Adagio (2:20), III-Esprits (2:10), IV-Toccata (2:00), gc6r-2733-CCN0107, 2016
- 0079 Oratorio Mor-Bihan for Symphonique, solistes et choeurs; 90 min., fichier Finale, gc6r-2733-CCN0079, 1995
- 0096 Valère et la lumière des étoiles for Double orchestre à cordes, piano, orgue, solistes; 26 min., fichier Finale, gc6r-2733-CCN0096, 2001
- 0098 Fortitudo for Orchestre à vents, solistes, choeurs; 26 min.16, fichier Finale, gc6r-2733-CCN0098, 2006
- 0101 Magnificat, Poème de Clamouse for Chur à 6 voix, orgue continuo, percussions, 2 harpes, grand-orgue; 6 min. 18, fichier Finale, gc6r-2733-CCN0101, 2011
- 0024 Concerto d'Ys for Symphonique, Piano; 12 min., manuscrit, gc6r-2733-CCN0024, 1986
- 0084 Concerto pour violon for Symphonique, Violon Instrument solo; 10 min.15, fichier Finale, gc6r-2733-CCN0084b, 1996
- 0085 Le Livre de Voyage à New-York for Orchestre à vents; 29 min., fichier Finale, gc6r-2733-CCN0085, 1996
- 0086 Poème symphonique sur le Psaume 79 for Symphonique; 14 min.27, fichier Finale, gc6r-2733-CCN0086, 1997
- 0090 Rhapsodie sur lHymne Européen for Symphonique; 6 min.35, fichier Finale, gc6r-2733-CCN0090c, 1999
- 0090 Rhapsodie sur lHymne Européen for Orchestre d'harmonie; 6 min.35, fichier, gc6r-2733-CCN0090d, 2003
- 0032 Le Livre de Colombe (album), version Soprano & Grand-orgue for Soprano, Grand-orgue; 31 min., Unpublished, 1-Rorate caeli, 2-Puer natus, 3-De profundis, 4-O Filii, 5-Te Deum, 6-Salve regina, gc6r-2733-CCN0032b, 2014
- 0094 Cantate sur le Psaume 18 for Quintette voca, Tbn solo, Piano Perc; 15 min.10, fichier Finale, gc6r-2733-CCN0094, 1999
- 0095 Cantate dombre et de lumières for Soprano Basse Chur Grand-orgue Clavecin Orchestre à cordes; 33 min., fichier Finale, gc6r-2733-CCN0095, 2000
DISCOGRAPHYTHE VILLA OF COMPOSERS
- Concert Villa Tesoriera 1rst Octobre 2015 CD-Audio Archives, The Villa of Composers, VDC-B51001 Recording , 2015
- Concert Villa Tesoriera 29 Octobre 2014 CD-Audio Archives, The Villa of Composers, VDC-B41029 Recording , 2014
- Palazzo Farnese 5 July 2012 CD-Audio Archives, The Villa of Composers, VDC-B20701 Recording , 2012