Supporting and uniting composers worldwide
NEWS FROM THE FUNDTHE VILLA OF COMPOSERS
- January 2018, Announcing the new Villa of Composers 'Villa II' programme
- 5 Decembre 2017, online concert: Carlo Prampolini, piano / 31 May 2017 - Villa Tesoriera, Turin
- 9 Novembre 2017, online recording session: Christophe Guyard organ / 5 April 2017 - cathedral, Dol-de-Bretagne (Brittany / France)
- 2 Novembre 2017, online concert: Clara Cernat, Thierry Huillet duo / 28 Septembre 2017 - Teatro Vittoria, Turin
- 21 Octobre 2017, online concert: Frédéric Ladame (violin), Stéphane André (cello), Marc Lys (piano) trio / 12 Aprile 2017 - Villa Tesoriera, Turin
- 12 Octobre 2017, online concert: Carlo Prampolini, piano / 30 May (Rome), 31 May (Turin), 1 June (Alba), 7 June (Bruxelles)
LAST, BUT NOT LEASTCONCERTS, EVENTS AND MORE
6 June 2017, FIRST FINANCE, PARIS
12th Board of directors meeting
HEC Paris Finance Club President Henri Ghosn has been elected the new chairman of the Villa of Composers.
Mr. Henri Ghosn is Chairman & Chief Executive Officer at Société Française de Gestion & d'Investissement SA.
Honorary President, Jean Jouzel
THE MUSICAL WORKS FUND& TOMORROW'S ARTISTIC HERITAGE
Every six months, the data in the Funds digital library and the catalogues is harvested by the National Library of France (BnF).
This honours the commitment made by the Fund at its inauguration at the Palazzo Farnese on 5 July 2012 in Rome, following which we received the patronage of the French Ministry of Culture:
(...) The digitisation of cultural heritage is one of the priorities of the Ministry of Culture and Communication. Your project contributes to this aim by promoting the physical and digital preservation of musical works from across the world. Moreover, the partnerships that you are establishing with libraries reflect my ministrys desire to strengthen international cultural exchanges. (...)
STATISTICSFOR THE CENTRAL CATALOGUE
On Tue, 5 Dec 2017 12:39:32 +0100, the database of the catalogues of composers who are members of and affiliated to the Villa of Composers, contains:
- 59 composers registered to the Villa of Composers,
- 37 composer catalogues,
- 1916 documented works,
- 430 hours 6 min. of music for documented works.
On Fri, 30 Jun 2017 16:57:18 +0200, the directory of the Living Composers Project contains:
- 4607 composer entries,
- 501 composer catalogues,
- 99 countries.